Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Caring for Norwex Microfiber

Your Norwex microfiber clothes will come clean by washing them in your washing machine.  Using hot water to wash them is recommended but I'm a cold water kinda gal so I only wash mine in hot once in a great while.  BUT, there are times when you will want/need to do a deeper clean on them.  If you've seen the butter demo, you know just what the fibers are capable of picking up and holding onto to.
About every 6 months, or when they are feeling a little stiff, you'll want to throw them in a pot of boiling water.  You'll want a good rapid boil going before you throw them in.

Here is my nice clean water that I started with.








Boil them for 10 minutes.

I'm boiling my Enviro Cloth here.  I've had it since February and cleaned a lot of butter off of windows with it, in addition to a lot of kitchen and bathroom grime over the last few months.  It wasn't stiff or crunchy feeling, I just thought I should try this boiling thing that I keep telling people to do.





After 10 minutes, I removed it from the heat.  Once it a had cooled a bit, I rung it out and poured all the water back into my glass measuring cup.  The water wasn't so clear any more and had a dirty tint to it.

I threw the cloth in the wash and it did feel a little softer when it came out.  Boiling it helps release all of the oils and other grime that gets stuck in the fibers.




Sometimes Enviro Cloths get a little stinky after lots of use.  Here are some other things that have helped customers get their cloths clean.
1. Soak in vinegar for a few minutes before boiling.  This works really well if you have hard water, which can cause a mineral build-up in your clothes.
2. Fill a sink or bucket with hot water and dissolve Norwex Ultra Power Plus laundry detergent.  Use 1 scoop (2 Tbsp) for every 6 cups of water.  Make sure the cloths are completely submerged and have room to move in the water.  Agitate them a bit to get the soap into the fibers then soak for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.  Laundry as usual.

Here are the general Do's and Don'ts of Microfiber care:
~Do wash them when they start to smell or look dirty.
~Do wash with regular, non-linty, laundry with hot (preferred) or warm water.
~Do dry with regular, non-linty, laundry.
~Do rinse after each use with warm water.
~Do clean between washings with dish soap under warm water.
~Do rub cloth together to help clean spots.
~Do boil cloths for 1 minute to deep clean or to remove stains or odors.

~Do not wash or use with bleach.
~Do not wash with fabric softener.
~Do not wash in laundry with lots of lint (like towels).
~Do not use with household cleaners or soap (prevents antibacterial silver from working).

As always, if you have any other questions regarding the care of your cloths, feel free to contact me.

4 comments:

  1. It says wash with soap and a few lines down it says no soap????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wash in between laundry day with Norwex Dish soap. Norwex cleaning products are all 100% biodegradable so they will not leave residue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about the car cloth...how should I go about cleaning the grey car cloth??

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about the car cloth...how should I go about cleaning the grey car cloth??

    ReplyDelete