Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cleaning Paste - Silver Polish?

Let me start off by saying that the catalog says Cleaning Paste should not be used on brass or silver due to the possibility of scratching.  BUT, I tried it this morning after another consultant used it to clean a silver vase.  It worked wonders! (**Always try on an inconspicuous spot first.)

I have this beautiful silver frame that's been sitting on display with D's pictures in it.  Over the last few years it has tarnished and I didn't have anything to clean it with.  Until now!  I used a damp Enviro Cloth with Cleaning Paste for most of it.  Then I found my cleaning toothbrush to get in the grooves.  I then used a clean part of the Enviro Cloth to wipe it off and the Window Cloth to polish it.  It sounds like a lot of steps but it really only took a couple of minutes.  I spent far more time looking for the toothbrush!


No comments:

Post a Comment