Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Cleaned the House...

And didn't use any chemicals!

First, I apologize for not blogging more.  I have so many more product tests that I'd like to do but time is not in my favor these days.  Back in January, before I discovered Norwex, I agreed to participate in a craft fair.  I thought I'd have time between then and early November to be creative.  Well, I did but all that effort went into my business.  So, now I'm scrambling to make some crafty items to sell.  All else is taking a back seat right now.

Ok, now to the heart of this post.  Thanks to the rain we finally got on Saturday, I was able to stay inside and clean!  Yes, it was exciting as I'd let it go for so long.  I dusted, cleaned the floors, bathrooms, and kitchen.  Oh, and did 15 loads of laundry over the weekend.  I felt compelled to wash ALL the bedding in addition to all the other laundry I needed to do.  At the end of the day, I was quite happy with the smell of the house.  It didn't smell of anything.  No cleaners were used in the cleaning of my house.

I used the mop to scrub the floors with water (Jason noticed they looked fantastic).  I used a wet enviro cloth to wipe down my entire kitchen, including counters, cabinets, sink, & appliances.  I used the same enviro cloth and a window cloth in my bathrooms for the mirrors, counters, cabinets, and sinks.  I used the dusting mitt to dust book shelves, pictures, and furniture.  I used the Sanira toilet bowl system for the toilets.  I used Ultra Power Plus laundry detergent to wash the bedding.  And I used the mattress spray to get rid of the dust mites and their poop in our mattresses and pillows.  That was it.  That took care of everything.  I wish I had timed myself because I know it took me a lot less time to do all that than it used to.

It took less time and I feel better that my family, especially the kids, weren't exposed to any chemical residue or fumes.  I also didn't contribute to air pollution and reduced my carbon footprint.  The mop pads, enviro cloth, window cloth, and dusting mitt are all washable and reusable for many many years.  Yeah, it makes me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment